Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

My sweet husband isn't having good luck with "Kat Holiday's" this year. Mother's Day started off with great plans in his mind, but at 2:00am that all changed. Preston woke up and decided to throw up, luckily he went to Daddy and not Mommy (he must have known it was my day off). At 4:30 Weston woke up and was WIDE Awake, I tried for about 30 minutes and then laid him back in bed to put himself to sleep. Trying to be a Mother's Day Husband, Darren got up for an hour with Weston and no luck! At this point he was back in his bed crying, Bryson woke up for the morning! I got back out of bed - all this time laying their half asleep - picked up Weston and he finally went back to sleep. Preston then woke up around 6:30, I got him to come lay down with me and he and I, mainly I, slept for an hour. I woke up to the sound of the bath tub running, Preston had thrown up again and the pressure made other things happen (figure it out on your own) so he was in the tub. Once morning arrived we found the Preston had also had a night time accident. It was about 7:30 by now and Darren had breakfast all ready for me... but needless to say he was fried. He was tired and upset that this is how Mother's Day had started out. Did I mention he fixed French Toast... my favorite... and we were out of syrup!
Thanks to my sweet hubby for trying so hard to recover from a disastrous morning and give me a day to enjoy as a mom... Sometimes, All the times, you simply cannot control what is going to happen. I simply love being a mother to these 3 boys, they keep me on my toes and keep me laughing. And I love being able to parent them along side of my best friend!

These are my beautiful Flowers! I love how they brighten my room.

We ended the day with a wonderful dinner up with my Mom and sister, two women who I look up to and admire for their accomplishments. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That seems like just how it goes, it's good that we have mother's day but it would be really nice to enjoy it! I am glad you had a good day in the end sorry to hear about how the day started!

Corinne said...

oh the reality of being a mom. i don't think that we ever get a day off even if we try! i am glad your day ended good. happy mothers day