Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a great Easter this year... I am sad to say that this was the first year that we dyed Easter Eggs - how horrible am I? I just don't like messes like that, which results in my kids missing out on things. It was one of my resolutions to do better with this year - SO... we dyed Easter Eggs and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
I love this holiday, it give me a great opportunity to teach my boys about the Savior and his life and death for us. I love the spirit and excitement that fills the home all day long. I love the warm weather, the fresh air and sunshine. I love new Sunday cloths and pastel colors. And even more I love that it means Summer is on it's way!

The Easter bunny hopped on by the Steck home, just as the boys had wanted him to. He hide baskets and goodies all around. The boys were so excited to wake up to that.
Weston's Basket - still hidden
Bryson's basket - hidden
Preston's basket - hidden
Candy and Eggs Galore!

Preston was the first to find his
Then Bryson
And then Preston helped Weston with his
Checking out the new Thomas Train stuff
The mass meyham that comes with Easter
Whimpy Kids!
Oh My Candy!
I tried hard to get a happy pic of the three of them - but Weston was tired and the sun was so bright that keeping our eyes open was a challenge
Daddy and his boys
Self - Funny Face - of Darren and I
New sport shirts - off to Grandma/pa Steck's
Bryson - 8 years old... he is such a help in our house
Weston - 3 years old - he is our joy
Preston - 6 years old - he keeps us all on our feet
Hanging at Grandma/pa Steck's house
Grandma/pa Steck got the boys a whole bag full of goodies...

One item was this punch balloon that was a duck - it was pretty creepy - but really funny to watch Darren blow it up.

The boys had so much fun with it and took turns - it popped about 10 minutes later... :(

My boys with Grandma/pa Steck

No comments: