Friday, June 6, 2008

A bad Saturday


Ok - So this happened on one of those "Could have been better" Saturdays. Darren was out fishing with his Dad and our neighbor Rich. I was home, cleaning the bathrooms as that was - sad to say - my escape/releif. So I am on the floor scrubbing the toilet when I hear a THUD! I come running around the corner, yellow gloves and all, expecting to see one of the boys have fallen off the bunk bed. Instead I see Preston... screaming and swelling up by the second. He has broken his nose I think.. I just know it. I put him on the counter and try really hard to not get upset as I hear that they were still running past eachother in the hall, I had told them several time to stop, but at some point I gave up and cleaned the bathroom... good thinking mom! Preston had ran too close, bumped into Bryson and in turn ran full speed ahead into the corner of the dorr frame! Thus the thud I heard.
So I keep rubbing the silver spoon on his bumps and they aren't going down. I frantically call my mother to see if this is worth the $50.00 insta care visit... no answer. So I call my neighbo who's children are older than mine... she is running errands. At the same time Trina (my neighbor, irronic I know) shows up at my door and my mom calls. Well we decide to watch it, keep him awake, and wait for Dad.
Dad gets home - Boy do I have a surprise for you I say! What in the world happened? Yep a really fun Saturday... I love my boys!

No comments: