Preston got to share his birthday with his first day of Preschool. We have him in the same preschool Bryson was in which is an Integrated preschool with Ms. Sheri. We love Ms Sheri she is a woman of many talents. If my children can learn from her how not to judge those who are less fortunate they will be set for life. Preston's school is Falcon Ridge which isn't close to our home, about 10 minutes away. He goes Monday - Thursday for 2 hours each day. So I get Bryson off to school, come home for a few minutes and take Preston to school. Mornings have become busy around our house.

Outside the school waiting for Ms. Sheri to come out to get him

Walking away from me, he is ready to go off to school and is so excited. I on the other hand am having a harder time sending him than I did with Bryson.

Here is Ms Sheri, Preston is holding his birthday treat to share wiht the class. I had someone aske me why I have him in with "special needs" kids... why not I asked. Then I explained the experience I had at the Open House. In came a mother and her 4 year old daughter who is completely unresponsive and is in a stroller. When most people would look the other way not knowing what to say, Ms Sheri walked right up to her. She grabbed he out of the stroller, sat her on her lap and began to talk to her. She had to hold her head up, as you would a newborn, to make a point to look into this little girls eyes. Ms Sheri didn't talk to her like sbe didn't understand, she talked to her the same as she did to Preston. She looked at her and said, your in there, I see you. That is why I want my kids around her, I love her passion.
No comments:
Post a Comment