Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Festivities

We had a wonderful Easter / Conference weekend! The boys and I stayed home Saturday Evening to make our traditional "Daddy is at Priesthood sugar cookie" it was fun that this year we could make Easter ones! Darren got home right as we were about to begin decorating, Of course he wanted to be in on the action with his boys. They had so much fun decorating and eating so much frosting. Weston simply go put in a bath to wash it all off!

Daddy and his boys - just starting to decorate

Preston with his first (and only cookie) he finished it really fast and then went to play. His attention span is really small
Bryson and his cookies - he stuck with it till the end and really liked it

This is Weston's master piece - it looks a bit deadly to the mouth...

Bryson's cookie

Preston's cookie

Weston decorated a cookie and then his hand and then a cookie and then his face - he had a great time with the whole thing

All the final masterpieces - what a fun night with my boys.
Easter morning came pretty quick after that - and YES the Easter Bunny did come visit our home. Bryson and Preston both got new baseball mitts and baseball cleats. Weston got a sock Monkey and they all got flip flops and a new summer shirt. Since Sunday was also conference we didn't get Easter outfits this year. The boys don't know the difference, and let's face it - shopping for a pastel dress shirt is not really that fun. But the boys had a great morning and it was really nice to spend the whole day home.

Eggs hidden from that silly bunny

More eggs - they seemed to be everywhere


This is Bryson's basket hidden on the wall

Weston's basket hidden behind the blanket basket

The search is on for the candy!

Weston was still pretty confused

More egg hunt

Preston's basket was on the top loft in the front room

Preston reaching for eggs

The Easter Bunny brought the big boys these Nerf Nintendo DS covers which the LOVED! Here is Preston showing his off...

And Bryson simply ecstatic about his!

Checking out the final Easter findings

Their baskets of fun candy!
Conference weekend was amazing as always - there is so much focus on Motherhood and Families this year - I have really started to reflect on what I need to improve on, the list gets longer and longer each day. Oh I love the atonement! Conference was and always is a great reminder for me that I am slacking off, that I need to do more and be better. I love listening to these wonderful Men who lead our Church, their testimonies brought an extra special Spirit into our Easter Sunday home. I am so grateful to be part of this faith and to be a mother of such wonderful boys and wife to my best friend!

No comments: