
We left at 6:00 to get o the airport and hope we make our standby flight - we did Yeah! - got the last row on the plane which was VERY loud with the jet right outside out window. But we were on the plane and that is all that matters. We go ths SFO and navigated till we found how to get to BART to get to our hotel. Got on the airport AirTran which malfunctioned and stopped working - luckily we were at a stop when it did so we were able to pry the doors open and leave - when then walked up and down parking lot stairs and around their parking structure - in and out of terminals to try to find BART - we ended up crossing a "no pedestrian" overpass (for cars) and made it to the right side of the airport to get on BART - this took us about 30 minutes of walking with our bags and all... not fun but we settled in for a 35 minute ride to POWELL ST.
Our room - we finally go there around 10:45 - I love Kimpton Hotels, I always seem to end up there without noticing it.
Since out flight left right around dinner time we were STARVED by the time we got to our hotel - so what is better to go eat at 11:00 then pizza! San Fran has the best pizza ever... i was super excited for dinner.
The next morning we woke the Egans up at 7:30 - apparently they sleep in :) opps. So we went to breakfast and bought our transportation passport and met up around 10 to go down to the warf. We went into this old building which had old arcade games - it was really fun to look at how much they have changed - I don't know anyone in this pic :)
Why take a picture of a crab? Well, Darren and I don't like seafood and we have always thought how good they look and how much fun it would be to eat one down at the warf - so with our friends support :) we got one and while we both at it... it's not something I would buy again or really liked that much. I will admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I love old boats - this one is super pretty, my camera has been played with a bit too much with my boys - it's a little one we bought to fit in my purse, but it's become grainy with it's pics :(
After walking around we jumped on a bay cruise and went for an hour ride to see the sites... you have to do this each time you go - nothing changes but it still fun to do
My sweet hubby on the boat - that isn't a tourist shirt, he got it from work and packed it without noticing what the print said... so he looked like a tourist, it was pretty funny.
Okay - so I am not zooming on this photo - this sail boat was within 50 feet of the side of our boat and seemingly out of control. You'll notice it isn't sailing upright... all the men (about 5 of them) raced from one side of the boat to the other as it shifted and all but capsized. I would have been scared to death to be one it... we keep joking around about how we hope that there 'local' sailors and that they didn't pay to go on this boat.
The backside view when the wide shift and the men scampered to this side
The amazing bridge - not too much fog when we were there.
Alcatraz - I think its sad that we don't use this facility anymore and that it died off. I think it's super cool - never gone on the island, just seen it from the boat.
A view looking back and how much fog came in within the hour we were on the boat
The city - seriously what's not to fall in love with here!
Not sure if you can see, but this Navy ship is PACKED with people, we found out it was for a beer fest that was going on. Not sure but drunks and water and heights have never mixed.
Waiting for the Trolley - we quickly found that summer is not fun to come to Sisco. Last time we came was January and we could jump on and off the Trolley's at anytime. During the summer the wait is about an hour. We went to the one that isn't popular and waited about 15 minutes.
Self pictures - I love how you never look relaxed in these. But we did okay...
Day 2 - We went over to the bridge - neither Darren or I had actually walked the bridge so we left our sleeping beauty friends and went over. There wasn't any fog - but it was super pretty and I loved seeing it this up close
Darren looks like he is storing nuts for the winter - he bought a tub of big Lemon Heads at Walgreen's and had them in his mouth all the time. Not ideal for pictures :)
Way way way up there... 
Why a picture of the footings? I couldn't help but think as I looked down about the number of people who have taken their final jump from this point and are never heard of again. I got sick to my stomach.

I saw this at our bus stop and had to snap a shot! So pretty, I wish I had my good camera with me
Lombard Street - this is crazy - steep and tight curves. We walked down it
The number of tourists driving down it was funny - they just kept coming and coming and coming... the houses and yards are pristine and beautiful
My goofy husband - I really cannot complain up till now he was very good about taking pictures correctly - it wouldn't be a trip if I don't get his cheese grin in at least one photo






No comments:
Post a Comment