Let me set the scene...
Fun on the strip! Mickey and Elmo - Darren sent this one to me for Weston
The view from his suiteWhile Darren is having fun on the strip and being a 'good husband' I was home. I HATE really bad having to be home alone at night. I get freaked out with every small noise. Because I feel so insecure I sleep with the gun by my bed loaded and ready to go. Darren is sweet he gets it all ready for me. I even sleep with a night light, and block the doors with my large kitchen table wood chairs - so now that you now I am a baby...
The last night - Friday night - we had stayed up watching a movie and I was exhausted from two previous night of light sleep. So I fell asleep fast which was a blessing. About 12:30 Weston woke up so the half awake me went into comfort him and I start to fall back asleep at his bedside. Then all the sudden I hear a noise! A LOUD noise! It sounds just like a wooden chair getting pushed across the tile!!! Nerves and oh my crap. I run to my bedroom and get the gun and the flashlight and the phone - yes 3 things, 2 hands and I need both to shoot the gun. Great!
So here I am squatting by behind the side of my bed with gun on top of the bed ready to shoot whomever walks in the hallway. I go to cock the gun when I realize - I have no idea how to unengaged it - about 5 minutes have passed now and I get brave enough to go check out the kitchen.
Gun in hand peaking around corners like I am part of the SWAT team. I make my way to the kitchen. I have never been so nervous in my whole life. At first glance everything looks safe - the chair hasn't been moved, the dogs are silent and the doors are locked. However I still wasn't convinced that I wasn't okay. So I tried to text Darren to see if he was still awake - nope, cell phone was dead! Crap! Do I call my neighbor?
Instead I sat in my front room chair, which sits in the corner and has a clear shoot to anyone walking up my stairs or to our hallway. It would also send the bullet to my room where no kids were. Yes I thought it all through. There I sat for 1-1/2 hours gun in hand and ready to shoot, well almost I still hadn't cocked it.
At this point I start to dose off and thought to myself that I was so jumpy that I would most likely shoot at anything that moved - fearing that may be my kids that moved, as I was now back to being half asleep. I went back to bed, put the gun back in it's safe spot and fell back asleep. I was so Very Very Happy for Morning!
Upon further examination the next morning, I found that the GREAT NOISE was actually a Wii Tennis Racket sliding from the top bunk bed down along the wall. But when you are already paranoid and half asleep it sounded like the chair.
So... all this leads to the next Saturday's outing. I told Darren I was not going to be alone till I was comfortable with all the guns... how to load, re-load, safety, aim, shoot, un-cock.. all of it... so off to Utah Lake we went.
Loading up the 9mm
Weston stood by the side of the 22 as it was shot and one of the shell went down his shirt and burnt his chest. He has a perfect silhouette of a bullet.









No comments:
Post a Comment