Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday!

Well it finally happened, Darren can now say he has a 30 year old wife. It doesn't make us any closer in age, but somehow 30 seems far older than 29. My birthday was "unique" this year to say the least. Darren took the boys to get cake and ice cream the night before my birthday, and they sang and celebrated a night early. Why? well, Darren had to get a test done on my birthday that required him to fast so no going out to breakfast or lunch or dinner on my actual birthday. My actual birthday was calm, my office at work was decorated. Darren and I headed off to the hospital around 2:00 for his testing. He was really cute at the hospital, making sure that all the nurses knew it was my birthday. I think I had 10 people wish me a happy birthday. He felt really bad that this had to take place on my birthday. Good news is that the test came back clear. My mom had the kids so we did get some alone time, however Darren was only about 20% coherant after the drugs they gave him. So off to bed he went and I went to pick up boys. Wow! 30 years old, married for 10 years, have 3 beautiful boys. I may not be doing anything right, but I feel very lucky and blessed to have my family.

My 30" balloon :)
Here is my awesome cake, the boys were really excited to sing

Me getting ready to blow out the candles. Bryson was in charge of the camera!

Here is my present, long story... it arrived late which only added to Darren feeling bad that he couldn't do anything for my birthday not even a gift. I wasn't too worried. It arrived on Friday and I was shocked, it was the last thing on my list cus it is way too much money. He go me all these additional lenses, flashes, filters, 2 8G memory cards ect... I must have 15 extra parts. I am going to have to sign up for a class to know how to use this thing for all the capabilities that it has. But I am excited to take the really crisp clear pics of my kids and life.
Darren took me out to my favorite steak house - Flemmings down at Gateway. It is so yummy, honestly the best steak you'll ever eat. Then we went to "He's just not that into you" on the opening night. I think Darren was 1 of 20 guys in the entire theater, thanks babe for being such a trooper. It is a really cute show, a must see date night!

No comments: