Wednesday, August 26, 2009

10 year Anniversary!

WOW! It has officially been 10 years that Darren and I have been married, what an amazing adventure it has been. I am so grateful for Darren and the man that he is, we have had so much fun together in the last 10 years (13 since we started dating) and I am looking forward to an eternity more. Please forgive me on the pictures below, I had to scan them all into the computer. It is amazing how much has changed in 10 years... our honeymoon camera was still film.

This is our engagement picture...

One of the pics at our wedding
The tornado that hit SLC took out our wedding spot, so we took our pictures a week prior to the wedding.

Darren and I were sealed in 2002 when Bryson was 5 weeks old, it was an amazing experience and the missing piece to our marriage.
We have decided to celebrate our anniversary on a 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise. That was such a hard decision for me to make to think of us as a couple and spend money on us. Most times as parents we put our kids needs and wants before our own. But I am so excited to go and not have to worry about focusing on anyone else other than Darren and I, and our wants and needs. Although I know that I will want to check in with the kids daily and I will miss them like crazy, we are in need of a get away.
For our anniversary today we spent it together at a golf tournament that our company was sponsoring - romantic I know - but we are trying to save money and it was nice to be alone as a couple on the day we were married. Darren had YM's that night so I stayed with my other (little) men and watched what has transpired in the last 10 years.
I am so happy we have the great family we do, I realize everyday how lucky we are to have gotten pregnant each time and been given this chance to be parents to 3 amazing boys. They have completed our family, with each new addition we get a missing piece we didn't know was missing. The boys are amazing!
Thank you Darren for all you do for our family, and for loving and accepting me for who I am. I look forward to each day that I get to be your wife and mother of our children. You are truly my best friend, my lover and my true companion.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

congrats on 10 years. we had our 10 year this year too! we are getting old!