Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preston Turns 5!

Our Preston turns 5 today, what a wonderful son he is. Preston is a challenging child, he questions everything and is so strong willed. It gets to me more than it should, but at the end of the day he is a loving child and I am so glad to have him as my son to teach me all that I need to know.
It has been such a quick 5 years, I still remember delivering him and seeing how HUGE Bryson looked compared to him. Now Preston beats up Bryson - how much has changed.
The balloon fairy arrived just as she should have, I think this is one thing my kids look forward to the most about their birthdays.

Our birthday boy's room...

Balloons and streamers all over to help Preston celebrate his 5th birthday

Preston in the morning, more of the helium had died by then.

Loving his decorated bed :)

Preston wanted to have a friend party, his birthday as always sneaks up on me too fast. Not sure why, but it always does. So I didn't send out invitations, I instead called his Primary aged boys to come over to a Bat-Man Party. I made each by their own bat wings, they ran around in the back yard for an hour. It was the easiest party ever.

Of course what are bats with no bat cave - so I put blankets over the chairs and they loved that idea.

The little bats running around

Preston finishing his swing at the Pinata

Bryson taking his best shot.

Pinata broke - kids rush in... luckily the bags were big enough to hold too much!

Present time with friends

Opening presence with his friends
My best attempt at a Bat-Man symbol Cake
Preston getting ready to blow out his candles - funny thing. Right as he was about to blow them out Bryson snuck in and blew them out for him. Preston got so sad, we did a re-do and sang all over again and ...
He got to blow them out this time!
Preston opening presents - that is Grandma Steck in the background
More presents - Preston got so spoiled this year. Thank you to everyone who came to help celebrate his birthday... Grandma and Grandpa Steck and Willis, My sister Kari and her un-official fiance Jason, My brother Kyle and his bride to be Kami, Kory and Mandy and their 3 boys... so much fun. Preston had a wonderful birthday.

The morning after with his Bat-man sunglasses, Hot wheels watch and Sonic Zoom t-shirt... which by the way he had informed us was his new name two days ago...

No comments: