Saturday, August 28, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa Steck's 50th Anniversary

Darren's parents celebrated their 50th Wedding anniversary this weekend - actually their anniversary is in November, but they wanted to have the open house in their yard so they did it earlier in the year. All his siblings except Kevin and family and then Darryls wife were there - which I know made his parents happy.
They planned a whole day for the family, all the siblings and their children got together for a morning brunch which was great food. They then had an afternoon of games and pictures planned - except a lot of us had to bail on that with it being a Saturday. So Darren and I were one of the bailers, we had a bunch of errands to run and not much time to do it in. We left around 12:00 and had to be back at 2:30.
The day turned out to be very nice - a big successful congratulations to Paul and Karen... 50 years is rarely heard of any more... heck 5 years is considered successful anymore, which is so very sad. I look forward to being old and grey with Darren at our 50th!


We took a family picture at 2:30 - in the 13 years that I have been in the family this is the first family picture that I can recall being taken. (aside from my wedding) We are missing; Kevin and his family (4), Braydon (grandson), Matthew (missionary grandson), Sylvia (Darryl's wife), and Danielle (grand-daughter, my step-daughter) - not too shabby for the first family picture. I think we need to photoshop one in for them with everyone.
After pictures we had a family dinner with all Paul and Karen's siblings and their spouses. They really do have pretty supportive bro's/sis's - All of Pauls family is down in Manti/Richfield, of the 8 siblings, 7 living (including Paul) he had 4 come up for it. Karen is the only girl with 4 brothers, 3 of which live in Idaho and 1 in California. All of them made it for the anniversary. It was so great to see their support. In fact this was the first time I had met her oldest brother and his wife who are from California.
After the dinner they had an open house for their friends and neighbors - this lasted till 7 and was packed the whole time. It was great to watch them interact and hear people come up and talk to Darren and I about how much they think of his parents.

This is Paul (Far right) and his brother Carl and Jack and sister Sharon - Another sister come in later in the evening, but the windows made her picture not turn out. :(

People at the open house - I have no idea who anyone is :)

These are all of Karen's brothers and their wifes - they are super nice and I enjoy talking with them.
Grandkids - passing the time playing cards

Karen and one of her brothers

Paul with more guests

Karen with more guests

Darren knew this sweet lady from his growing up years - I cannot recall who she is :(

Thanks to Darren's brother Greg - the grandkids and dare I say Uncles were entertained by the Wii all night long. They played this same game which I cannot recall the name of, but you had to follow the dance moves... it was so funny to watch






This is Darren's twin - they look Nothing alike!

No comments: