Bryson has been in scouts now for about 2 months. He has really enjoyed it. However - I am a new mom to all this and had no idea how the scouting program works or what I needed to do. Darren went through the scouting program and got his Eagle and is serving as the 1
councilor in the
YW so he is the Varsity scout leader - so we are set for Boy Scouts, however Cub Scouts... well, he doesn't recall much about that. So after not seeing anything in 2 months I finally got his cub master on the phone to get told how this all works out. After that he earned his Bobcat - he was so excited.

That night he got to do the flag ceremony.

I like this part about scouts, each time the scout
achieves a level he has to bring his Mom up to give her recognition as well. It's our way of being part of our boy's scouting life! I was so honored to be with him. All this is so new to me, and I am excited to watch my boys grown up in scouting

This is him getting the award - yes
YaYa wanted to be part of party
Bryson is putting the Bobcat pin on me

After the scout pins it on he has to kiss his mother -
eww yuck, in front of everyone! - Again, something I like. They are trying to help these boys understand the
respect they need for their Moms. Darren tried to capture it but I did it too quick. He headed for my cheek, but I turned last minute to lay one on him!

And finally - each scout gets to pick a cheer at the end of their award. Everyone stands and does a cheer for each scout! I love the recognition of it all. We are doing the
Alligator Cheer for
Bryson
We have a lot more to go - about 16 years with all our boys - I am sure by the end I will be a pro and have it all under control. But I am excited for this journey and so proud of
Bryson's desire to earn his badges.
No comments:
Post a Comment