Saturday, December 18, 2010

Temple Lights

We went down to see the Temple lights, it was a wonderful warm evening and a perfect night to go. So we got all set and rode TRAX downtown. The boys love the train so we take it anytime we go downtown. We made sure to leave early so it wasn't crowded. The lights had been on for about an hour so it wasn't too crowded yet. Just perfect for us. With Preston he wants to run to each one as fast as he can - I think we almost lost him 5 times. I was able to take these 5 pictures till my camera battery died :( I had taken my smaller camera bag and didn't put the spare from the large bag in - so no more exciting pics of the evening... but as usual they did not let me down - they are always beautiful and amazing.






After the lights we went to dinner. Since there isn't anything close we decided to go to Gateway, we took one look at the packed TRAX train and decided to walk. Gateway is very very far from the Temple with 3 kids... I don't recommend it. With all the options somehow we still ended up at the food court. But this way we all can get what we want. By the time dinner was done the boys were too and we headed back to the train. Because we were the second stop we were able to get a seat. However the train just kept getting fuller and fuller.
It was about at this point that I found my self thinking - boy it's hot in here... I don't feel so good. Feeling pretty dizzy... then the stomach pain! And oh the pain! So Darren and I tried to discreetly talk about it and decided to get off at 2100 south. By that point I thought I was okay enough to make it to 7800 So. Wrong-O! By the 3900 So stop I knew we had to get off that train. So here we are at 9:00 at night walking 2 blocks from the train station in NOT a good part of town to go to a gas station with bars on the windows. After I officially wrecked their bathroom we walked back. We were to the parking lot when the train arrived and left... 20 more minutes of waiting. All this time Darren is being so amazingly supportive when he could have been frustrated. We then sat on the cold station waiting for the train. Weston had to go potty so we did that on the tracks... I love boys. The more I sat there the more dizzy I was feeling and didn't think there was any possible way I could get on the train again. But with Darren's support I did, he made sure I got a seat and with a lot of Lamaze breathing I made it to the next station.
I am not sure what happened that night or what made me sick, but it took about a week to feel better. My stomach ached for days. Needless to say it was an unforgettable evening for both Darren and I - I am sure the boys will not remember much more then the lights. At this point I am prepared for anything Christmas can throw my way.




No comments: