Saturday, June 11, 2011

RCC Party at This is the Place Heritage Park

Right after the Steck Family Reunion - we went up to This is the Place Heritage Park... usually we don't pack so much into one day - but our fertility clinic was having an appreciation day up there. Our main goal, I found out they were giving away money to use towards treatments! Since it's all out of pocket for us I thought - why not? It's a free family day and we might win some money. They has such an overwhelming rsvp that they broke the prises into 3 groups - within our group was about 300-500 people maybe 150 plus families... there was only 5 cash prizes. Despite my "we'll never win attitude" we went to the drawing... guess what! We Won!!! It was a $500 dollar prize which isn't much thinking about the fertility long run... but's its a welcome amount! Needless to say I was happy to have sat through and made the trek on a busy day!
We hadn't been up to the park before so this was a whole new experience for the boys and us. I had been there with the YW about 3 years ago, but it was an after hour event and a whole different feeling. We took advantage of every minute and left after closing... such a fun day with my boys!

Preston on the Eagle

 Daddy helping Preston use the stilts

 Daddy helping Bryson on the stilts

 Daddy showing his skills! I just glad he didn't fall :)


 These are milking bears, they help train kids to milk a cow. The fun thing was that Darren was able to tell the boys about his Taylor grandparents farm and how he recalls playing with these bears.



 The hospital - yep ... I never would have made it... I LOVE technology
 The Navaho area was one of their favorite places... the love the necklaces and wear tehm all the time





They even got to pan for GOLD! the miners were so fun with the kids and made sure that each kid found some gold!



Every Saturday a group of new pioneers come into the valley and to welcome them they fire off the cannon. From the looks of it the pioneers was a youth group at the end of their trek... they didn't look clean, were sun burnt and worn out... just about accurate as to how a group would look coming into the valley

I love these pictures... Darren was pulling the funniest face. The Boys kept their ears covered the entire time and Preston was crying he was so scared. How bad and I that I was laughing through this. The cannon was in fact very loud - they shot it off 3 times!







Of course we went to the school house... the boys weren't too excited about that - "It's summer Mom" they taught us the 'deseret alphabet' I could not figure that out... but I have never claimed that English was my strong subject.. I do numbers :)



Passing Love notes... how cute is that! I love this man!


 Bryson is always there to help Weston, I don't know what I'd do without him.



The Mountain Men and Black smith was a quick hit with the boys... tools, fire and hammering... what isn't to love?




Petting the sheep and goats... they loved this as they couldn't really run away from them and there were right in the area with them, not like Wheeler Farm.




And of course we stood in line for the pony rides, this would have been the first time for Weston to be on a pony - Bry and Preston have both been on them, although neither of them recall the ride.




The mini town was about an hour of our time - we had to talk them in to leaving to see other things. Pulling out the map helped convinence them that there was in fact more to do. But the little town was ceratinly cut and fun for them to play




No comments: