Bryson's class was having an "activity" that they needed volunteers for... Bryson was unusually concerned about if I was going to be there - be on time - make sure I'm there... lots of follow up which was weird as I am always in his class. When I got there the classroom had about 12 Mom's... I thought boy this must be a big activity to need so many Mom's.... Boy was I wrong.
The day was a trick! We were invited to attend to be THANKED for our service to the kids. Mrs. Bowen is an amazing teacher and got emotional when she thanked us, which in turned made me emotional. Always a good start to a fun day... a bunch of crying Mom's... the kids were so excited and loved being able to surprise us. Best of all... the activities they had planned were to make us - the Mom's - look like fools. We had to jump across the room holding a ball between our legs, eat whip cream to get a piece of gum and blow a bubble (FYI, not a good idea the gum turns to paste with the cream, yuck!) do teh Oreo from your forehead to mouth game... and crafts - so much fun.
In the end we were given a gift from Mrs. Bowen and a huge thank you from her.When really I am the lucky one - it isn't often that you find a teacher that loves your child... truly loves them and cares about them and wants the best for them... Thank you Mrs. Bowen for all you gave to Bryson in the 3rd grade... see you next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment