Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bryson's Cub Camp

Bryson got to attend his first cub camp for Scouts this year! He technically should have gone last year as it was the week of his birthday, but instead they had this year be his first. Which as an after thought made the accomplishment's he did hard to pass off as he already had gotten his Wolf and more the things they were achieving were for the Wolf - so we got to apply them to his Bear - it all worked out.
I was able to attend with him the entire first day, it was such a fun Mom and Son day. It's very important to me that my son's see me attending their events. As a working mother I never want them to think that work is more important then what they have going on in their lives... I fall short of this daily, but I keep diligent and becoming better.

This is his pack, there are actually 3 boys missing so yes, it is a big pack - Bryson, Max, Cody, Alex, Cameron, Eric, Cole, Kjardin, and Matthew
To take up time when we arrived they had to link hands and get the hula hoop around the circle, working on team building.


BBGuns!!!! Nothing better at camp then BB Guns - right? i was really rather surprised at them, they all listened and waited until their leader told them it was okay to shoot. We didn't have any injury's.



 Up Next... the obstacle course. It was nice to have Bryson try things that we don't normally get to do. It took him out of his comfort zone, even if he was aware of that.





Bryson volunteered with Cole to go fold the flag - he did a great job.


American Heritage, at his age - it's all still a game of Cowboy's and Indians, I don't think they realize the importance of our history in America... they were really just excited to be the Tee-Pee


They then got to go learn about Miners and how they mined to Gold to make a living. Each boy got to try to find some and miraculously they all were able to find gold... amazing :)


Rope tying - that right... send a bunch of Mom's up to assist their son's in rope tying. But still we were able to learn a few new ones... all of which I don't think I could do again.


We finished our day at with a hike and old games from "the good ole days" before electronics and play grounds. Kinda hard to wrap their minds around the concept.



The second day I was able to come up at lunch and eat with Bryson then spend the afternoon with him. I was told that I missed all the boring things and all the fun stuff took place after lunch! Before we broke into groups after lunch we gathered at the "Space" federation to sign and the boys were taught a few things.





Archery! I was so happy to see that I didn't miss this one. Bryson struggled pulling the bow all the way back - we need to work on his arm strength - but he had a great time shooting the arrows.



Shooting his paper rocket off that we made.

At the end of the day each pack of boys had to do a cheer. our leader got really ambitious and taught the boys this one with actions in about 15 minutes... not bad and super cute!


No comments: