Today I was honored to attend a sealing. Sure I've been to sealings before, but not like this one. Today the sealing was not a man and a woman becoming husband and wife, it was not a husband and wife being sealed to their biological children, Today was an Orphan officially and eternally becoming part of a family she only dreamed about. Today marked the end of a journey for this Orphan, it marked the end of the long process her Mom and Dad have gone through to get her to their family, today was the LAST paperwork they would ever fill out to make her their daughter, today marked the END and the BEGINNING... I am humbled to have been there.
The sealing took place at the Salt Lake LDS Temple, wherein Kecia and Kristopher Cox, their daughters Kyra, Adrie, Bree were all sealed together to their new daughter and sister Mia. Mia was just a hope, a picture of a girl just 7 months ago, now almost to the day of their public announcement of adoption she has a family. The sealing was amazing, there in the Temple sat a family in white, they were all glowing... my heart took a picture.
The BEGINNING of a full life of family, sisters, dress up, playtime, love, school, freedom! So much more then I can even think of. It's a Beginning to the Cox family to never have to look back, from this point forward no one can take Mia from them... she is their daughter as though she was born to them. It's the beginning of a new family, a changed family for the better and a life of example to all those they are surrounded by.
This was the first time I have seen Mia since she came home, life seems to get in the way and didn't allow me to see her. Mia is a beautiful little girl, full of so much love to give. From the minute she entered the room, she walked around with Joy knowing so many people, giving hugs and showing excitement to her grandfathers. I was overwhelmed as were others at the love and joy felt in that room, she knew... she knew in her heart that she was getting a forever family.
Welcome Home Mia - Welcome Home.
I am also very thankful for this event because it has brought me to reflection of our Sealing, the sealing that Darren and I waiting 3 years for - at this sealing Darren and I became eternal companions, once that was finished in came our 5 week old son Bryson. I still remember the emotions, the feeling of overwhelm, joy and comfort a great since of comfort. I knew that after that moment our family would never be the same. I knew that now we are a bonded family, that we would have each other for all eternity no matter what happens in this life. I knew that all future siblings would be born under this sealing and would have the same blessings that Bryson was receiving that day. I also knew I would never forget the way Bryson looked that day, sitting with us all dressed in white.
I am grateful to have relived these feelings, the feelings of an earthly family becoming eternal! I feel a renewed since of family, one that I think I really needed. I may have been invited to this sealing for Mia - but came out feeling the reason I was there was to obtain this renewal. Oh how grateful I am for my family, my husband who works so hard for our family, my three son's who bring unconditional love and laughter to our home and how all 5 of us make our family. I can only hope that we get to add to this family one day soon.
Thank you to Mia for continuing to touch lives you have no idea that you did.

1 comment:
I don't know why but my facebook messages have not been coming to my email lately so I totally missed this until today! It made me cry! I have been waiting for our photographer to get us the pictures of that day so I can post about it. Thank you for coming and thank you for sharing these sweet words! It was so great to have you there! You have been such a great support of our journey from the very beginning! THANK YOU! Lots of love to you!
Post a Comment