Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lagoon Day

Thank you again to our life insurance company for another great Lagoon Day, I am not certain that we could afford to go if we did have these tickets each year. I feel very blessed. We decided to leave Weston with grandma again this year knowing that he still is so little. School had already started so the boys missed their third day... but it was worth it! We got to Lagoon just as it opened and headed straight to Lagoon-A-Beach. Bryson loves the water slides which really surprised me and Preston only wants to play in the kiddie area - completely not like either of them. We didn't stay long as we wanted to ride more then swim.
We rode pretty much every ride - some of them twice and three times. Our Top five rides: Spider, Wicked, Wild Mouse, White Roller Coaster and Tidal Wave. Left at 10 and went home, exhausted and boys still full of energy and excitement. I know our little Lagoon cannot compete with some of the greats like Disney or Six Flags... we we enjoy it all the same.
Bryson and Darren went on the Rocket (the one the shoots up in the air instead of drops you) Preston was too little ride it so we watched instead. Bryson was super unsure about it as you can see in the pics, I reassured him it would be fun... he came off the ride crying. I felt bad, I really thought he would love it once it started. I think he is more of a roller coaster guy and not a zero gravity guy. But I was proud he tried.

 Once we got Bryson settled :) we went over to a calmer ride of the airplanes which tests my tummy. I found myself half way thought the day popping a Dramine.





We waited in line to get FRONT row on the old white roller coaster - which will soon be the brown coast as they are going to stop painting it. The boys loved this ride.



Sure... why wouldn't ducks want to hang out at Lagoon?


This video is the last ride of the day - Wicked... Which is funny as the first time we went Preston was screaming and crying hysterics as we sat on the ride and waited for our car to move. Everyone was staring at us and probably thinking we were horrible for making him go on the ride. However he had gone last year 3 times and loved it... After we got going I looked over and the tears were flying off his face, half way through the ride slows shortly, at which point Preston yells "Is that all you've got Wicked"  - when we stopped he yelled "That was awesome!" I knew he would be fine once we did it but with Bryson's experience earlier I almost pulled he and I from the ride to avoid anymore guilt. Preston struggles the most with internalizing emotions, and what should be small is usually full blown emotions either happy, sad or scared. Needless to say we went 3 more times that day.

No comments: