The island is really good for shopping, but we still haven't bought anything. It is so hard to buy trinket and trash and t-shirts when you manufacture and sell trinket and trash and t-shirts. But it is still fun to walk around and see all the shops.
The island is very small so the tour was quick, not very many stops for picture taking and viewing. But the island is still my second favorite so far. It is simple, beautiful and relaxed.
A view looking back at the ship
One of the harbors, still the Dutch side
So this picture didn't capture what I wanted. But you know those little white butterflies that we see around our Utah deserts? Well it was the time of year that these butterflies were out and they were everywhere.
This is a picture of the French Side
More of the French side
Their airport is at the end of a beach separated by a road. This side says that the jet blast can cause serious injury or death... sounds like a fun beach!
This is the beach at the end of the airport runway
About 30 seconds after Kim expressed her desire to be on the beach when a plane landed in came a private one. If I stood on the rocks there I could have touched his tires
The view from the airport.
Darren at the airport beach, about 1 minute later he was mooning our new found friends!
This is one of the resorts, it was full of shops and food and fun stuff! but nothing was open when were there.
This was taken from the taxi, but this is one of many condos/private resort that was on a beach front golf course. It got hit hard by a hurricane about 10 years ago and was never rebuilt. It was sad to see that much destruction still there.
So this is the French side of the island, otherwise known as the side with nude beaches. This beach is 'dressed' to the left and 'nude' to the right. We had no desire to see people that should not be nude on the beach so we walked down to the left and got some yummy nachos
A view looking out at the Nude beach
My cute sand feet - I loved looking down and seeing this. I love being on the beach!
This is the beach we spent the afternoon on, it was still the Atlantic so it was a bit more wavy than the Caribbean. But it had pretty good snorkeling.
The same beach, this is the view to our right. That resort didn't have anyone on the beach. Darren and I walked the full distance. It was wonderful to walk on the beach letting the waves come over our feet.
"Squirt" - Somewhere on this beach was a sea turtle nest. I found this little guy swimming around and just had to get a picture of him. Another family (from the cruise too, we ended up on the same beach with them at almost every port) they had found 3, one of which did not survive. I hope this little guy makes it although the odds are not in his favor.
The color of the water still astounds me, it is so amazingly blue.
Leaving the harborThese days are so full of ‘go go’ that by the end of the day you are exhausted. We decided to eat early, and yes we did try the lobster and scallops tonight. I must say it wasn’t too bad, however I don’t think that I would ever order it at a restaurant. They had the song and dance show tonight so we went and caught that for a bit, it was good but really not our cup of tea. We then met up with Kim, Sam and Flora in their room to collect our snorkel gear that they took back for us, so we could go shopping. They invited us to go with them to a show tonight called “quest” which was at 10:30. We went, Kim is not feeling well so she was not there and the studio was packed full. The game was divided into teams and the cruise director asked our team captains to obtain items such as bras, men’s pants, belts, paper, men doing certain things, ect. It was really funny to watch but I don’t think I would like to have been a captain.




No comments:
Post a Comment