Saturday, October 3, 2009

Our Final Night

We had to get our luggage all packed up before 10 tonight so we decided to take care of that before dinner. Which we were able to get everything back into the 3 bags that we had taken down so we are pretty excited not to have an extra bag to check. Tonight was a final fair well comedy show; I must say the entertainment is pretty good on the ship. We met up with Kim, Flora and Sam to watch the show. At the end of the show they filled the stage with a selection of staff form each department, I wish I had my camera with me. It was pretty impressive, it take so much to run this ship and I’d say there is 1 employee for every 2 people. We went and played some mini golf and said our goodbyes to our cruise buddies. There are these silly blow up plastic ship replicas in the gift shop so we went and bought two of them and wrote a note on the bottom for Sam and Flora and one for Kim. We went to their room, put them in on the floor outside the door and knocked and ran. I felt like a teenager, but it was a funny way to say thanks.

The promenade - this impressed me being 3 stories tall and so long. You really are in your own floating city.

More statues

Me and the creepy tourist on the promenade

Darren and the spooky tourist statue in the promenade

Darren, me, Kim, Flora and Sam - thanks guys for allowing us to be part of your cruise, we loved getting to know you.

The waiter staff sang to us the final night and got all together. It was neat to see how many it takes to feed us all

The 6 story tall hanging art piece, pretty impressive
This week has been wonderful, questionably relaxing, but nice to be away and in this exotic place. I have determined that there is a time and a season to cruising, Darren and I are not in that season yet. I think if you are about 50 or like to party with or without alcohol then a cruise is for you. No matter how much prep work we did it did not prepare us for what takes place on a cruise. Some things you have to experience to learn from. We don’t regret that we took the cruise, but I don’t know that we would do it again, especially not alone. It has been a great time together and spending so much focused time on Darren and I. It was nice for a week to take time off from work and mommy. It is back to reality in less than 24 hours from now, but I am overly excited to see my boys and get hugs and kisses. Here is to another wonderful 10 years and hopefully many many more years after that, I love you Darren and all that you do for the family and me. I am honored to be your wife and friend.

No comments: