Monday, May 30, 2011

A DINOSAURUS Weekend!

We took the boys up to the zoo for Zoorasic Park - it exceeded the expectations of what I thought it would be. The day was cool - but then again I think it rained like 25 days in May so that wasn't abnormal.
The dinosaur display was really quite lifelike - some of them were actually built at 100% actual size. They moved, sprayed water, made sounds... the boys were very impressed. I am glad we made it up there right at the beginning of the summer, otherwise I am not sure we would have fit it in.

can you spy the baby Triceritop over Bryson's shoulder?

WEston liked this one - can't say the same about the ones to come.
The Raptor's sprayed water


I put this one is cus I could not resist - I laugh everytime I see it ... Preston is a goof


Weston was Really unsure about this one, he is holding really tight to my neck

Raptor's again
the bird show couldn't go one since it was raining - but they had the bigger birds out on display



T-Rex... this was my favorite... he was so realistic.

My boys with Rex - I love how Weston would not look at the camera - afraid Rex would pull a quick one when his back was turned.



our Boys - COKE! -
Seriously - I love Giraffes, but it would not be an animal I'd like to become - how uncomfortable does he look.


When else do you get to ride a Dinosaur? They were all fine with this one as half his body was buried, he didn't more or make noise... all the signs that a Dino is safe to approach.

Preston - he makes me laugh... I love his animation





Bryson looks a bit puzzled to be putting his head up there...

On Saturday - we continued our Dino fun by taking the kids to Thanksgiving Point dino museum. We've heard good things about it - but never went. So this was a new adventure for all of us.
This is a fun interactive design a dino that they can do, except the velcro is pretty worn down. Up to this point in the museum (about 20 minutes in) it's more fossils and such. Darren and I enjoyed it, but the boys wanted more action.


The size of these things are amazing...

We got to go experience the water and sand play area which the boys loved. It wasn't too busy for a holiday weekend Saturday.
I was really proud of Preston - this boy next to him had EVERY dino in the entire place. Preston tried to take one that the boy was no longer playing with and the boy with crazy on him and started to hit and scream. Usually Preston fights back and goes for the kill! He didn't, he held his cool and just talked it out with me. Made me so happy for him!

the puzzle quarry - too many kids to try to figure these out.
Preston riding his dino
This dig area was fun for them - it's the last on the way out the door so we stayed for some time - but they loved getting in the sand and digging...

Super fun way to spend Memorial Day weekend with our boys. Seeing dino's isn't something that we normally think about doing - but they are all loving dino's right now so it really fit for us.

No comments: