Birthday 1 - The 27th (my official day)
Darren left early this morning to work, I knew that he had something planned for the weekend so I started my birthday out like any other day. Which - to tell the truth - kind frustrated me that no one was making a fuss. I got to work and my office was decorated, a dozen red roses were waiting for me with candy hearts on my desk. The office had brought me goodies and a card, the two girls who I work directly with got me a gift card... AND Darren got a cute card. He has this nack of walking to the card isle, picking up 2 or 3 cards and finding the perfect one. Here it is...
The woman in the background says "I wanna Dance!! And sing drunken karaoke!! And get some tattoos!! And do belly shots off a stranger!! And rob a Bank!! And..." The guy in the front says "Whats up with her" to which the other woman responds "She's got three kids... Doesn't get out much..." Oh so very true!!
He had also got me a t-shirt that he made stating, "It's my birthday and all I got was this t-shirt". On the back he put in small text - "And one hell of a good night" He requested that I wear it all day. I did... Darren took me to lunch to Cafe Rio, my favorite place for lunch. I went back to work and then took off early and got a pedicure, which I realized half way through that I still had my t-shirt on and I can't understand if they are talking about me or not. Oh well.
Darren had Young Mens that night that he was in charge of so after dinner which Darren made he headed out. I had to get to the grocery store super bad so I did that instead of staying home and relaxing. Have to get thing done as a mom you know... It ended up being a nice day and I would have been content with that.
Birthday 2 - The 29th (my unofficial day)
Darren had been thinking all month what to do for my birthday. What to get me, where to go, what to do... he had come up with nothing that I knew of. He told me to plan on taking Friday off so I did. As he came home that Thursday evening he had planned to take me and the boys to San Francisco for the weekend. We got online to my Dad's employee site to check seat availability and the flights were wide open. As we were about to say okay, let's go, Darren noticed a note stating that buddy passes (what Darren and the boys fly using) were on hold from Saturday to Wednesday. So we could get to San Francisco but could not get home till Thursday. So strike out. Back to plan B, a day with the boys in the snow...
Friday morning we got up and geared up with the 4-wheeler to go play in the snow and sled and have a good day. On a second thought we drove to Butterfield canyon thinking if it was still snow packed that it would be a lot closer, and yep it was snow packed! So gear up, dress up 3 kids, get everything on the 4-wheeler and we go up the canyon. I start taking pictures and my camera dies, no battery. I forgot the one I had plugged to charge overnight. Ok, camera away, enjoy the ride. Suddenly ... asphalt!!! Kennecott had plowed the snow down the canyon to their turn off... no snow, no sledding, turn around go back to the truck. .
The boys sledding behind the 4-wheeler
We went over to Darren's parents to invite them to lunch and he Dad was working in the Temple that day and his Mom was working. So we drove back home, changed cloths and went to lunch with the boys and Chick-Fil-A, the boys had a great time in the play place. We then went back home and relaxed the afternoon away. We went to the store, picked up stuff for Navajo Taco's... got some movies and came back home. I know Darren was disappointed, but it ended up fine and I was happy to have spent the day with my boys.
Darren took me out on a date Saturday evening with our good friends, Rich and Trina. We went to Ruby River for yummy steak and cinnamon yam and everything else that makes you so full and sick and happy :) We then went and watch Sherlock Holmes, this was an amazing movie, I really liked it. Thank you honey for making my birhtday's a great time.

No comments:
Post a Comment