As I came home at 10:00pm from Bunko that evening, all the lights were on and I knew the kids could not be asleep. Darren had this deer in the headlights look on his face and the boys told me to stop and shut my eye, they then lead me over the stair and revealed the beginnings of a slide. I starting laughing, you were serious I said. Yep - just need to finish it up tomorrow.
Growing up there was a family in our neighborhood who I took piano lessons from, they had a 3 story home and through the center they had put a fire pole that went from the top to the bottom of the home and allowed you to get off at each level. I thought that was so cool... well this is out fire pole, we have a rambler so we cannot justify a fire pole. But this slide has been the biggest hit and talk about in our home for awhile. The boys absolutely love it. Any yes I have tried it, it is amazingly fun. It will be a sad day when I start taking the slide to get downstairs instead of walking, but then again, it will be a fun day too. Thanks for making this slide Darren, it will go down in out Steck history book and talked about for years to come.
The rough draft that I came home to on Friday night
The finished product, shinny and new and fast!






5 comments:
how much fun is that! i bet your boys love it!
That is awesome! Bet that is so much fun!
Awesome!!
This made me smile! I love it and can totally picture you taking it daily. What a fun mom!
ok that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! WHat a GREAT release for energy for winter! I am going to take you up on your offer and bring the backpacks in...a good excuse to say hi to you too...when are you there?
Post a Comment